May 1, 2015

Baltimore has no chill

I've been thinking all week of writing something about the recent situation in Baltimore.  For those who don't know, I'm referring to the recent death of Freddie Gray, the weekend of protests, rioting, and looting, and the criminal charges brought just this morning against the six police officers involved in Gray's arrest and death.  But I've read so many articles covering the issues so much better than I could hope to.  Maybe I'll write about it later, but for now I have to just share this: Baltimore Has No Chill: A compilation of residents calling people on their bullshit.

That is one of the many reasons I love this city. There's no subterfuge, Baltimoreans call it like they see it, and they speak their minds articulately no matter what neighborhood they live in.  I may've grown up in northern Virginia, I may live in Montgomery County and work in Washington, D.C., but my heart belongs to Baltimore.

No comments:

Post a Comment