May 17, 2008

Restaurant update, or lack thereof

Just a quick update for anyone who might have been wondering what happened to all my angst-ing over buying and running Shaharazade's...

The restaurant seems to be a no-go. I asked the owner over a month ago for the tax returns and income/expense reports. He responded fairly quickly that he was overwhelmed (no hint of what with) and that it'd take him a few days to get everything together. After about 10 days, I sent him an e-mail to check on things, and got a response letting me know that he was sorry for the delay and still working on things. A week later, I got another message from him letting me know that he'd just finished three tax returns with his accountant, including the one for the restaurant, and then gone home and lost them all. He'd requested new copies and would get everything to me as soon as he could. After another week or so and nothing further, I picked up the phone and called. I spoke with his wife, who said that she had seen some of the paperwork so she knew he was working on things, and that she'd have him contact me. Finally, I sent him an e-mail saying that I was heading into a busy time at work that would include a 10-day business trip (to Vegas, baby! I'm sure I'll have stories from that), and that it would be a bad time for me to try to review things. If he could get the paperwork to me during that time, I'd look at it and get back to him as soon as I could. If not, then I'd contact him in late-June/early-July to find out the status of the restaurant. That was five days ago and I've had no response.

So it seems it was a pipe dream, after all. I still love the place, though, and will probably head up there later today for a pot of tea and a late lunch, to relax, and read, and ponder what else in my life I can angst about for your reading pleasure...

No comments:

Post a Comment